Friday, November 18, 2005

More From Missy...


This is my favorite of yet. Look at what she was able to capture in the expression of the elf on the left! Playful, strong... she's increasingly subtle and descriptive in her work. She's also making great progress in her understanding of and use of light. Notice the soft radiance of the moon and stars.

She's had relatives chide her constantly for being a nightowl, for not being more dedicated and passionate about the other things of life (school & work, really, eventually to become just work) but her mother and I could not disagree more. Missy has her own path in life, and what that looks like is up to her and her Jesus and no one else.

I think she's doing great and have nothing but encouragement to give her. Besides, I think the fruits of her labor speak for themselves.

I love you Missy, and you keep on rockin'.

5 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Christine Bakke said...

Wow! Amazing talent. I'm glad she's following her passion and that she has supportive parents. That makes all the difference....

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm telling you, that girl is ready to do a portrait of the Dorse! Call me to arrange a sitting.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

I'll just have her work off the Princess Dorsey pic.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Ninjanun said...

cool, cool, cool. That was the first words out of my mouth.

IS she offering any of this for sale? Because I would love to own something like this. Her style is right up my alley!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Kc said...

It's art like this that makes me wish I had more authority as a critic. Amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home