Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Could You Be a Legalist?

Could you be a legalist? Take this quiz to find out (HT-New Jersey Gordon), courtesy of Plain Truth Ministries. Here are the ones that I found hit the hardest:

1) God's love for me depends on what I do.

3) Moral and ethical questions are usually black and white and only made into fuzzy shades of gray by hand-wringing, bleeding-heart types.

4) I try hard to obey God and it irritates me that others think they can get away with avoiding the same level of dedication.

8) I tell my children not to do something in church or around other Christian families that I allow in my home.

10) The exterior choices a person makes in what they wear, hairstyle, piercings, tattoos, etc. is a clear indication of that person's character.

12) After being around Christians for a while I feel drained —weary of putting up a false front.

How'd you do?

4 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whew! I was able to answer "no" across the board. I'm glad I'm not a legalist, because God wouldn't love me as much if...D'OOH!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Kc said...

okay I'll admit No. 10 gives me some trouble. It's like you're saying a guy could go out in a fat suit that looks like a princess and still be "ok". ;-)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I hesitated on that one, too. I mean, how can...

Hey, wait a minute...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ninjanun said...

all "no's" for me, too. although, if i'd been more honest with myself about ten years ago, I would have answered "yes" to quite a few of those questions. I was a bit like Mandy Moore in "Saved," except without the feathered hair and the "bitch-face-of-disapproval."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home