Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Viva la Revolution

Imagine your church is in a bar, and this guy's your pastor. Then imagine that in the middle of a service, he asks for a lighter for his cigar. All around you are tatooed, pierced, non-conforming people who just want to know more about Jesus.

You're at Revolution Church at Atlanta, where Jay Bakker and his team minister to the counter-culture. I learned about him some time ago, but I just recently started listening to the sermons from Revolution. As my readers know, I'm not crazy about sermons. Most evangisermons don't speak to me anymore, for one reason or another.

But I've been listening to Jay and his crew, and there's really something special going on there. Just when I've kind of given up on church, I find myself wishing I could go to Revolution. And despite being a white-collar, upper-management professional type, I long for a break from having to "be a certain way" at church. No, let me take that back--I'm done with that. Period.

Anyway, I heartily recommend you subscribe to the Revolution podcasts. Peace.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

I've listened to several of them so far, and in just one of them he says "bullshit" a couple of times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home