Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Read This Because I Have To

I can't take the position I do on gays in the church without making sure that I continually expose myself to alternate thinking, and when it comes to Reformed orthodoxy, the school of theology that contributed most to my theological upbringing and that gives me the worst rashes these days, Jollyblogger is a great place to stop. He's a serious blogger and links liberally to other thinking Reformers. He just posted on the McLaren/Driscoll/Out of Ur debate. I disagree with what he wrote about McLaren and could have predicted pretty much everything he said, but I feel I have to stay engaged. Bad things happen when you stop listening to your opponents.

So, read for yourself and come to your own conclusions. Peace.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger sofyst said...

You do realize that when training with running or weights or whatever, you experience momentary rashes, discomfort and pain. But then this wears off and you thank God Almight that He allowed you to go through such a training process and doing such makes you a better person.

Let us all thank God, right now, for Reformed Theology.

YAH!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

Yeah, I guess every family has to have an irritating uncle who's right about everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home