Friday, January 27, 2006

Hey, Four Out of Five Ain't Bad!

It's not just politically-sensitive material that Google China is filtering these days. Apparently websites dealing with pregnancy, homosexuality, dating, beer and jokes are also filtered out of search results (HT: RConversation). What makes this interesting is that aside from the anti-censorship posts that I've put up on this blog, I've also posted on four of the five filtered social topics:

Zeke on teen pregnancy: here and here
Zeke on homosexuality: here, here, here, here, here, and here
Zeke on dating: nada
Zeke on beer: here, here, here, here, here, and here
Zeke on jokes: here, here, here, here, here, here, and here

Hey, four out of five ain't bad.

4 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeke I need your stance on Dandruff shampoo, and Monster Trucks. You can't forget the monster trucks.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

If I need dandruff shampoo nobody's telling me, and monster trucks are a cherished icon of our national white-trashiness.

BTW, I rejoice at the imminent return of my cocoa prodigal son to the Jesus Ranch!

(Forgive the inside joke, all... blamemike is a former and soon to be returning resident of Zeke's and Mrs. Zeke's home, otherwise known as "the Jesus Ranch". This moniker was bestowed by our son-in-law's fellow Marines because of all the pets we had, our willingness to take on "ranch hands," and who we so imperfectly try to follow.)

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

History repeats itself AND life imitates art.

"We are all Britains, and I am your king."
"Well, I didn't vote for you..."
---

"Shut UP!"

"Oh, now we see the violence inherent in the system!Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Bill Heroman said...

Where did you get the cocoa... and the nuts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home