Tuesday, January 24, 2006

When the Onion's Got Your Number

As a cultural phenomenon, you know you're found out when the Onion gets your number. This week's evidence against Churchianity: "Christian Juggler Regrets Years Wasted as Secular Juggler." Money quote:
"I used to juggle for kicks and some spare change, but now I'm doing it to spread Christ's Word to young people. I only wish I would've used my juggling for a greater purpose years ago. Ho!"
What makes this such a zinger is that it's not beyond the realm that somebody would actually say that.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's funny. The Onion also has a podcast on iTunes.

I remember the first time I found Lark News. I had to read for several minutes before I realized it was a spoof. The thing that makes it so hilarious (or sad) is that Christians really can be that stupid.

But theology isn't really that important...

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger GraceHead said...

[crackin up]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home