Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Amy Enters, RIP


I never knew Amy Enters, but I was sent her obituary today by a colleague. I want to take a moment here to acknowledge from a distance the life and legacy of a woman who is a contemporary of mine, and whose passing reminded me of the increasing fragility of life.

Amy Enters, age 40, of Barrington, Illinois, formerly of Houston, Texas, passed away November 27, 2007 after a courageous battle with breast cancer. Amy was the loving wife of Menno Enters whom she married on September 6, 1997. Amy was born in Corpus Christi, Texas on February 16, 1967 to Carolyn and JR Viola. Cherished sister of Polly (Clay) Wilkins, Kari (Gary) Stadler, and Michael Viola. Fond daughter-in-law of Marina and Jim Enters, and sister-in-law of Karin Enters.

She is survived by sons Matthijs, Marek, and Aidan Enters. Amy was preceded in death by her infant son, Liam. Amy was a woman of exceptionally strong faith, a conqueror, who served as an inspiration to many.

Visitation to be held from 9:00 – 10:30am on Friday, November 30 at St. Francis de Sales, 135 S. Buesching in Lake Zurich, Illinois prior to funeral mass at 10:30am.

Memorial donations may be made to “Menno Enters” in the name of the Enters Family Fund at Cambridge Bank, 1100 South Rand, Lake Zurich, Illinois.

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Ninjanun said...

So sorry to hear that. How was she a contemporary of yours?

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

She was the same age as me, basically. Just made me think.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Spiritbear said...

Sure does make you think. I feel for her family

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Spiritbear said...

Sure does make you think. I feel for her family

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to High school with Amy, and her sister. I am shocked to hear that she passed away. She ran some of the same events in track that i did and I will always remember how damn fast she was.

She was a friend and will be missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home