Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things you discover when your dog wakes you up at 4:45 in the morning...


Some people think Christians shouldn't do yoga. Yeah, my antibodies went into overtime on this one.

They are blowing the tops of mountains off in West Virginia because it's faster and cheaper than digging underground. I'm sorry--did the 1970's through today, and the advances in ecological protection that came with them, never actually happen? I mean... you can actually do crap like this in America today?

Sofyst wonders what we do when we are "are somewhat left by God without clear direction." I comment that this pretty much describes everyday life, doesn't it?

Eric at Two World Collision posts about being honest about, among other things, his relationship challenges. A commenter mentions about how gays often have to experience in adulthood what the rest of us do as adolescents when it comes to the awkwardness of learning how to actually romance another human being--which strikes me as a surprising truth. As an aside, MZ would probably be compelled to mention that I am still learning how to romance another human being.

By the way, gay bars are closing all over the place because gays are increasingly preferring to spend time one on one with their partners, inconveniently depriving evangelicals of a stereotype-supporting crutch. Damn them!

Tim Ferriss talks about radical honesty. Me and MZ had been talking recently about whether true transparency looks something like radical honesty. I wouldn't go that far.

Joe Carter reviews an evangelical thriller and remarks that the book "[c]ontains many of the standard faults of "Christian" novels: flat characterization, unconvincing conversions, stereotypical villains." I remark that he just aptly described evangelical culture.

3 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Spiritbear said...

Intersting stuff. I heard about them blowing mountain tops. I heard they want to expand the practice to Western States too. Gotta love republicans.

Also I hear you about Christian stuff. If its Christian, you can count on it being outdated, predictable and mediocre.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Wow I am almost loved (centrist right leaning), outdated and predictable YAY!

Just teasing

Be well and be loved you are

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger SocietyVs said...

"flat characterization, unconvincing conversions, stereotypical villains." I remark that he just aptly described evangelical culture." (Zeke)

Now that is funny - I had to laugh at that one - might be true (perhaps).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home