Sunday, December 31, 2006

Americans Getting Gloomy

America is expecting a nasty 2007, if this survey is to be believed:

- 6 in 10 are expecting another terrorist attack on America
- 7 in 10 expect a major natural disaster to hit America
- 1 in 3 expect the draft to be reinstated

On top of all that, 1 in 4 expect Jesus to return. While that would not be a bad thing of course, it's generally understood that Jesus isn't coming back to party. So why the gloom? I would guess it's five years of the GWOT, a lengthy and overheated left-right war of words, and a general sense that things are going to get a lot worse for most people before they get better.

8 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger dufflehead said...

GWOT?

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

That would be the Global War On Terror.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's all in how you look at it.
Here
is a different perspective on what I think is that same survey (AP/AOL news poll, right?).

Whatever happens, I love you, Zeke, and wish you and Mama Zeke the best year ever.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Kc said...

I've resolved to be a better Dorsiest this year and already my heart is falling right in line!

"Whatever happens, I love you, Zeke, and wish you and Mama Zeke the best year ever."

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

(I'm sure I cannot be trusted with this kind of power)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

"Dorsiest"? Wow. I think I like that. It can also provide the context to an exclamation like, "That's the Dorsiest idea I've ever heard..."

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger RF2R2 said...

"That's the Dorsiest idea I've ever heard..."


That almost sounds like an insult :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger RF2R2 said...

My wife made me chili today, so the year's looking pretty good so far \_-_-_/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home