Saturday, June 17, 2006

Watching dying

My mom is in her last days now, and my wife and I have spent the week coordinating care with in-home hospice, ushering family in and out of my mom's bedroom, keeping them fed and informed, all while watching my mom's daily changes and preparing for her final arrangements. There are so many observations I want to make and lessons that I'm unpacking from this difficult and incredible experience. I plan on doing so over the next several weeks, but for now we have our hands full.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

4 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Ninjanun said...

Take your time, bro. We're here for you when you're ready.


Lots of love being sent your way.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Christine Bakke said...

Zeke, I'm thinking of you all and holding you in the light.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

All of the above.

Much love, Zeke.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Please take care, Zeke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home