Sunday, May 07, 2006

Same Car, Better Mileage

How can you get better mileage from your existing car? Edmonds.com conducted a real-world study on this, and the results are surprising. Here's a taste: running your AC with the windows up is no different than driving with the windows down. Here's another: tire pressure doesn't matter. The biggest potential savings: stop driving like a maniac. (HT: digg.com)

Just to spiritualize this, remember that this is about being better stewards of our resources. Waste is ungodly. If you're still not persuaded, remember that the more gas you buy, the more money you put into the pockets of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Libya, and lots of other places that think you suck and that the world would be better off without you.

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Then isn't filling up my SUV just another way of turning the other cheek to my enemy? hehe

Seriously, Mrs. Dorsey is getting the Edmonds link. Thanks.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Zeke said...

Then isn't filling up my SUV just another way of turning the other cheek to my enemy? hehe

More like spreading your pearls before swine, Dorse.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it feels like it's my cheeks that are getting spread, every time I pull up to the pump.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ninjanun said...

You guys crack me up.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

Cheeky, my dear.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger dufflehead said...

actually, supporting venzuella doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home