Monday, March 20, 2006

Lots to do, nothing to say

This blog and my podcast have been silent for weeks, I know... "too busy" is an easy answer but it doesn't fit. Fact is that my heart right now is in getting some meaningful results out of my job (more sales, more pay, etc.) so that I can feel that at least one of the ridiculous number of moving parts in my life is somewhat nailed down. Mrs. Zeke knows how much I hate instability and yet it seems that I have nothing but that in my life. I absolutely must bring more income in, and fast. I occasionally think of something other than that, but not much. Even getting a normal night's sleep has become almost impossible.

By nature I am a pretty monastic and reflective dude; I do just fine wandering in the hills half the day preoccupied with a thought. But lately I have been so absorbed in action and urgency that I feel as if I haven't had a useful thought to share. So I'll just share that little truth instead.

In the meantime, I am trying to learn patience (especially with my mom, who needs a lot of help and asks for more) and to learn to be OK with chaos and uncertainty.

So this is where I'm at in case you were wondering.

11 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes I find it sort of insulting that I have to work in order to get money in order to live. I want my life's work to rise to a different level of meaning.

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.

If it'll help, put me down for twenty bucks worth of whatever you're selling. I'm here for you, pal.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

Hey thanks, Dorse! I'll put you down for one case of the poop-flavored toothbrushes.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The perfect gift! How much extra to imprint my name on them?

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

We're contemplating a Dorsey signature line. Care to guess what flavor the mouthwash will come in?

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Let there be p**s on earth, and let it begin with me.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

Urine deep trouble for that comment.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Joshua Sager said...

Zeke -

You are singing my song. I need to focus as much time as I can into working and making as much money as I can right now.

Though, we do need to drink some beers together again. Just a little beer break.

Stay motivated. You rock.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Bill Heroman said...

I absolutely must bring more income in, and fast.

Godspeed with that... but I think it might help if you eat something while you're putting in all these extra hours.

You know. Passing out might make it hard to earn the fat cheese! Not to mention eat it! :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Joshua Sager said...

miss you ... need beer.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

Then let there be beer. You got my number.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Zeke-a-leke-a-leke-a-leke-a, Zeke-a-leke-a-leke-a-leke-a, Zeke-a-leke-a-leke-a-leke-a, Zeke-a-leke-a-leke-a-leke-a, Zeke-a-leke-a-leke-a-leke-a...

uh, sorry... just got this Zeke song stuck in my head.

mmm...beeeer.

Zeke-a-leke-a-leke-a-leke-a...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home