Saturday, January 28, 2006

Keeping Up Appearances

In this week's Out of Fellowship, my friend Craig Bob confesses to being driven to snarkiness by witnessing insincerity from the likes of televangelists, politicians, and of course Ryan Seacrest. Right on the heels of his podcast I find this on digg.com: staffers for congresscritters are sanitizing their bosses' biographies on Wikipedia. Not only that, but they're inserting nastiness into the articles of their bosses' opponents.

I think what I find most offensive about this is not the spin, both pro and con; this is to be entirely expected and is par for the course in Washington. What truly galls me is that they are using Wikipedia as their propaganda outlet.

So in a week of intimidation, greed, and fear, we now add noxious spin. Get your filthy hands off my Wikipedia, you damn dirty apes!

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger dufflehead said...

the wisdom of penny-arcade can shine here, too.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/12/16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home