Sunday, October 09, 2005

Back to the Serious Stuff

Yeah, it's fun to tweak the nose of Churchianity. It deserves it for distracting us from what's real, and poking fun at it is a good way for me to dispel the negative energy I have around it. I'm headed to church this morning, and let's just say it's better to chuckle at it than go through the front doors resenting it.

It also helps me to separate it as a phenomenon that all Christians have some weakness around, and forgive others and myself as much as possible when we practice it. As I said before, I love the Church and want to serve it. So just like with our neighbor, loving the Church involves receiving and giving a lot of forgiveness.

I have a post coming on fear and how it separates us from God and each other, and I wanted a clear breaking point between that and the silly Book of Churchianity stuff. I also felt the need to not be misunderstood about where I stand. I am not out-churched, out-of-church, emerging, or whatever you want to call it. I'm not on the outside looking in, I'm on the inside looking around and commenting on what I see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home