Friday, July 29, 2005

This is a Dead Dog. Really.


Yes, this dog is in fact dead. He's been freeze dried, which apparently preserves pets' features in a way that can't be duplicated by taxidermy.

I only bring this up because in a conversation with a dear friend today, he mentioned that his beloved dog of 14 years is about to pass on. He asked me what I thought about him having his dog stuffed and kept in the house. First, I told him I thought it was weird. Then I told him that while I understood how he felt about his doggie, that life was meant for the living and not for the dead. We need to mourn them and move on. To hold on like this is not, in my opinion, a healthy thing to do.

But if this is your thing, check out Pet Preservations. They specialize in the freeze-dried technique I mentioned, and the doggie above is their handiwork. Pretty impressive, I must say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home